Monday, March 06, 2006

klutz girl strikes again

i wrote about my original klutz streak about a month ago and my fears that i was starting a new one. a couple weeks later, i had the bruised eye that was so attractive. that has healed nicely and fortunately more quickly than anticipated. but this klutz streak might not be over yet.

the day after i went to the doctor for the follow up on my bruised eye, i was attempting to put a box on the top shelf in my closet. to do so, i have to climb on a chair. as i was climbing on the chair, i slipped, fell off the chair and knocked it over, dropping the box and seriously whacking my shin on the chair as i fell on top of it. it hurt bad enough to actually make me cry for a couple minutes and i wasn't really sure i was okay. once i realized i could put weight on my leg, i realized i'd be okay. i went ahead and put the box up. i put the chair back in its place at the dining room table and looked at my shin. in a matter of ten minutes, i had a knot that was turning pretty colors and was swollen. i iced it off and on for a couple days and then i did the heat thing for a couple days following. but i have to share, it's two weeks later and my shin still has pale pretty colors, a little puffiness and hurts like crazy if you bump it.

i think this could be a theme for a book...as much as i love idiot girl's adventures...i think i may have to embrace my inner klutz girl.

No comments: