- housesitting for a co-worker who has a couple of cats and a very fun dog: a bernese mountain dog--this was really fun and mostly relaxing. and my friends were great--they did grocery shopping for me which was a total gift since i was on crutches
- more x-rays--they decided my ankle isn't broken, but it doesn't seem to be healing quickly or well. tomorrow, i go to an orthopedic surgeon.
- hosting a contemplative retreat at my house on saturday--the retreat was great. it was for the 20-something ministry at my church. we (myself and 3 friends) offered 2 prayer practices--imaginative prayer and lectio divina--followed by silent reflection times and group reflections.
- the benefit for one life revolution done by our church's student ministry saturday night--the kids raised enough to build a medical clinic in musele. read more about this at marko's blog or josh's (our middle school yp) blog.
- a few days retreat at mission san luis rey these days were a gift. i read, napped, journaled, prayed, knitted and collaged. i want more of these kinds of days.
- speaking at middle school services on mother's day--this went okay. a few technical difficulties (no worship leaders showed up) but other than that it was really fun and the actual speaking part went well.
Monday, May 15, 2006