it felt like a zinger in that i'm wrestling with losses of community. being single, community feels especially important and currently, my community bases seem to be in flux.
- my small group basically broke apart last fall. i'm still friends with everyone, but we don't see each other reguarly and the sense that we are doing life together is completely gone.
- my cfdm class ended with graduation last december. what i thought was going to be a class became a community. i knew it was seasonal, but it came to end at a time where the rest of my communities seem to be ending as well.
- my oklahoma connection is a tad more disjointed. one of us has moved back, the remainder of us are spread out around the county and we used to live fairly close together. as a result, we spend less time together outside the office.
- i met reguarly with a couple of women. we connected on a deeper level and really shared what was going on with us. this has become sporadic at best. we're still friends, but we're far less intentional.
- the junior high ministry staff used to be close, but we aren't as close anymore. there've been a lot of transitions and the new team hasn't gelled yet.