as mentioned in the previous post, i was tagged for this meme by jay.
so, here goes:
1. the weirdest holiday i've had was thanksgiving in '90. i was opening a chili's restaurant in edmonton, ab, canada and they don't have thanksgiving when we do. i sat with 4 other american trainers and we had cheeseburgers and talked about what we'd be doing if we were home with our families. that evening the franchise owner invited us to his home for dinner and he and his wife put on an american style thanksgiving dinner for the five of us americans. it's a fond memory.
2. i have a reputation in my family for teaching the next generation all kinds of mischevious things like how to lick & stick gummi bears, burping loudly, etc. the latest thing i taught one of the kids was how to floss his nose even though i've never actually flossed my own nose.
3. my selfish wish is to one day wear a beautiful ballgown and be whirled around a dance floor like anna is by the king in the the king & i. if you click on the trailer, you get a glimpse of the scene i'm referring to.
4. i have a 7ft artificial charlie brown christmas tree. seriously, the thing is scraggly and ugly but by the time i get all my ornaments (i have a huge collection) and lights on it, it turns out to be a rather pretty thing. just like charlie brown's.
5. i decided i wanted to follow jesus when i was five because of a poem by christina rosseti i'd memorized for the church christmas program. it's the last stanza of the "in the bleak midwinter" and it goes:
what can i give him
poor as i am?
if i were a shepherd,
i'd give him a lamb.
if i were a wise man,
i'd do my part.
what can i give him?
i give him my heart.
i told my mom and my pastor i wanted to give jesus my heart and that's where my journey with him officially began.
so, enough new info about me. i tag andy, lizzy & jamie (who hasn't posted recently but is missed).