Sunday, June 18, 2006

new favorite food

yesterday at trader joe's i was looking for some whole wheat pasta when a box of organic brown jasmine rice caught my eye.

i'd never tried organic brown jasmine rice, but i liked jasmine rice so i thought why not? i know brown rice is better for me than white rice and organic has to be even better. i was a little bummed that it takes an hour to make, but that even worked out. it smells wonderful while it's cooking and tastes even better and it's really good for me. no preservatives, no fat, just healthy fiber and a touch of protein. it's my new favorite side dish.

1 comment:

Len said...

We had a Trader Joe's in CT and we loved, LOVED, their Chocolate Chip Dippers. I think that's the name, not the healthiest of their products but among the best.